Thursday, December 2, 2010

Gulf Shrimping Decimated

 Thanks to Clean The Gulf for this video

Gulf Shrimping decimated 

Photo by John L. Wathen

 


Jack Harmon, a career Shrimper, speaks candidly about his experiences before and after the rig explosion on the Gulf of Mexico. I met Jack when he drove up to ask what I was doing. I had my camera on a tripod shooting some establishing shots of the area. While he and his wife and father in law were sitting in the truck, he shared a great deal of information with me about the industry...his observations and feelings before and after the Deep Water Horizon blew up. If during this interview it sounds like I'm asking leading questions, it's because we had previously discussed the subject matter; and, I wanted Jack to restate that aspect of his story.
Bayou La Batre
November 14, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments free of vulgarity. Your message will be deleted if not.
This thing is vulgar by it's self.